Vina Del Mar, Chile

Monday, May 2, 2016

Week 88: The Falling Week!

Buenos Dias a Todos!

This week was a good week! It was really standard of working, teaching, testifying, walking, talking, and FALLING! Ever since falling in poop last week I haven't been able to keep my feet firm! I have fallen every day, so I think I am a walking safety hazard.

This week we have been preparing our investigators "E", "K", "S", and "D" so that they can be baptized this week. We taught them a lot this week and saw lots of progress but also learned of all the obstacles that we are going to have to overcome. "K" is the only one who came to church because "E" didn't wake up, "S" was in another city, and "D" wasn't home either. It was kind of a bummer after teaching so much that they didn't go to church, but we have this next week to prepare it :) They all have such different needs but this last week we were trying to teach them all in the same house and it worked but wasn't as effective as it could have been. This week we have plans to teach them all separately so we should be teaching more, more powerfully, and with more focus on their personal needs :)

This week as we were leaving the house of "S" they told me to be careful with the stairs because it was dark. As a joke (Because my companion knew that it wasn't true) I said "Don't worry, I never fall." After leaving the house we started going down the stairs and what happened? That's right, I fell. I fell backwards and while I was trying to catch my balance I stepped wrong and fell forward onto my face. A little bit embarrassed I laughed knowing that it was okay because the family hadn't seen me fall. I turned around to look for my companion to help me up but he wasn't there. Confused for a second I heard a knock on the door, the door open, and my companion laughing and talking to the family. My companion instead of helping me up decided to run, knock on the door, and laughingly tell the family that the missionary that "Never falls" fell down on his face. The whole family came out laughing but worried at the same time and every single member of the family helped me down the stairs. ¡Que Verguenza!

I would really love to send an awesome letter, but that's about it for this week. It was really pretty typical.

But next week will be pretty normal too because you will hear about everything this next Sunday! :)

I love you all,
Stay Golden!

Love,
Elder Nielson :)



No comments:

Post a Comment