Vina Del Mar, Chile

Monday, May 30, 2016

Week 92: Interviews and Baptisms!!


Buenos Dias a Todos!

This week was a good week full of baptismal interviews and baptisms!

This week our investigator "S" (the younger sister of "K" who got baptized earlier this month) got baptized! It was such a great experience! All of the young women were there to support her and she was so happy. Her mom was there to see her baptism and is now going to investigate the church with more intentions to know if it is true or not. It was a great baptismal service and everything went smoothly (How strange). It was also great because there were lots of baptisms in the zone this weekend. This last weekend we had 5 baptisms in the zone and finished the month with 9 baptisms! It is only the second time in years that Valparaiso Oeste has achieved 9 baptisms!

This week was basically full of preparing "S" for her baptism and doing baptismal interviews for the other investigators. Because of that we didn't have much time to go find other investigators which will be interesting for this week because we have very few investigators now. So this next week will be a good week to look for more to prepare people to be baptized in June.

This week we didn't have many lunches with members so we had to cook a couple times and I must say that I am getting pretty good at cooking spaghetti and rice. But I might have to start trying to cook other stuff :)

This week we have changes and on Friday if I am still a zone leader I will Have leadership Counsel with President Diaz. We will see what happens. I feel like I am going to stay her in Valparaíso Oeste as a zone leader until the end of the mission, but we will see what happens.

This week in my studies I have been reading in 1 Nephi in the chapters of Isaiah. I have been really impressed how Nephi and Isaiah put there confidence in the Lord when they were tired, passing through trials, and trying to help others. It has been a grand example for me because I am so tired, not because I haven't slept well, or because I have climbed lots of hills. I am super tired physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Having to give your all every day all day without a break is really tiring especially because following the spirit requires so much attention to details and whispers, I am exhausted. But I know that I can put my confidence in the Lord and his atonement. Every time I am tired and don't want to climb another hill, contact another person, teach another lesson, correct another elder, give another advice, or fill out another form, I remember Nephi and Isaiah, and how they always remembered their savior and when he was laying face down in the dirt in agony in the garden of Gethsemane. When I remember that I know I can trust that the Lord knows what he is doing when he tells me to just do 1 more. I am going to keep giving it my all and keep going strong until the end, but if you guys could pray that i may be strengthened (like Nephi when he was tied) so that I can continue strong in the work would be great.

That was basically my week! I love you all! Stay Golden!

Love,
Elder Nielson :)





No comments:

Post a Comment