Vina Del Mar, Chile

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Week 97: Cuz Im Proud to be an American!!


Happy 4th of July!!!!!! AMERICA!!!!!

Well we are in something called... The Busqueda! (The search) which is the hardest longest part about the mission. It is when all of your investigators get baptized and you have literally no one to teach so you spend all day talking to people who yell at you until you find one who says you can come back another day and then repeat all day every day of the week. Lets just say my legs are super tired ha ha.

It was an interesting week because my stomach felt a little iffy so I didn't eat much which made me have a low energy level which just took away all enthusiasm I had to do the work. But the great thing is the week is over and we can start again! :)

We have " D"and his mom still but they haven't had much time to come to have lessons and they didn't come to church because it was raining (In Chile if it is raining it is the end of the world). So we will have to wait a little bit longer to help them get ready for their baptism.

That was basically the week. Nothing really happened but this next week will be a bunch better :)

The thing that saved me was reading Alma 7 in my studies today. He told me to pick up my game and get to work.

23 And now I would that ye should be humble, and be submissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive.
 24 And see that ye have faith, hope, and charity, and then ye will always abound in good works.

I realized that this week I had very few of the attributes that he said that we needed to have so I decided to pick up my game this week.
I know that the scriptures give us guidance and help when we need it. I know that if we humble ourselves and actually live the guidance that God gives us that he will complete with his promises and will change our lives and our heart. Keep reading the scriptures, keep living what you learn, and keep receiving the blessings and change of heart.
I love you all! Stay Golden!
Love,
Elder Nielson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment