Vina Del Mar, Chile

Monday, July 11, 2016

Week 98: Fun is in the small and simple things :)

Buenos Dias a Todos!

This week was a good week! We worked hard, and worked hard, and had success and miracles.

This week we were able to teach "D" the little boy that has a baptismal date for this next Sunday (the 17th). He is doing well. The hard part is that his mom has been finishing her semester of studies so she has been busy studying and hasn't been able to participate in the lessons so she will have to get baptized in a later date. He came to church this last Sunday so everything is good for his baptism this weekend.

This week we also saw a miracle! We went to go teach our recent convert "S" who got baptized like a month and a half ago. When we got there she wasn't home but we decided to talk to her mom about supporting her and helping her to go to church and to go to church activities. We had a good lesson with her and were about to leaver when her (basically husband but they aren't married because she has to get divorced from her first husband but laws here make it super difficult so they are just living together) showed up. We have shared with him a couple times but he sat down so we started sharing with him as well. In the end of a short simple lesson we felt the spirit tell us that we needed to invite them to church. When we invited them he said that he would like to go and committed to go the very next day. And the miracle is that he actually showed up the next day with his "Wife" and he liked church a lot. They are progressing very slowly, but I believe that they will get baptized eventually. It was fantastic that they went and he shared his testimony about the teachings of Jesus Christ being a light of hope in his life.

This week we remembered that fun is in the small and simple things. We had had a long day of work and walking in the street. As we were walking down the steep street to get to the house a collectivo (A taxi that runs a specific route so it is cheaper) passed by. After it went by I thought "Wow if I was in a collectivo I would get home a lot faster..." And I don't know why, but I decided to be a collectivo. I pretended like I was sitting down with my hands on the steering wheel and I started running down the hill. After I had taken a few steps  running my companion called out to me and told me to stop so I stopped. I thought he was telling me to stop because I was acting childish but instead he ran up behind me, acted like he was opening up the back door of the collectivo, and got in a sitting position behind me. Then we both ran down the hill as if I was driving a collectivo and as if he was sitting down in the back. We got to the house laughing our heads off. It was something so small and simple and stupid, but it made our day. Ever since that we have tried to make the most out of the small and simple moments.

Today one of our district leaders finished his mission and is going home so his companion is going to be with us until Wednesday so we are going to party hard! Night pizza parties and crazy moments. It is going to be a blast :)

Well this week I start my last 6 weeks of the mission. It still doesnt feel real which is super good. I get my trunky papers on Wednesday.

I love you all so much! Stay golden!

Love,
Elder Nielson :)






No comments:

Post a Comment