Vina Del Mar, Chile

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Week 82: "I got your back" and "The great apostasy started in Elders Quorum"


Buenos Dias a Todos!

To start, the special mission. This last week we got a call from president telling us that there were 2 people who got baptized in my old sector about 2 months ago who still hadn't gone to church to get confirmed and that he wanted us to go there and have a lesson with them so that they would go to church. It was cool to see the confidence that president has with us. We went and had a lesson with her. She was really stubborn and her sister talked a ton and wouldn't let us talk. In the end we had a good lesson and she promised to go. In the end she didn't go. But It was cool to go to my old sector and go on a special mission for president :)
 
This week was a great week full of teaching, progress, and crazy experiences! :)

This week we taught our investigators that are progressing a little bit. We had to leave a couple investigators that didn't want to read or pray unless they had a huge desire to read the Book of Mormon. But it was a good week. K with her kids and her little sister came to church! It was fantastic because she arrived sad and looked like she had been crying, but after talking to a sister in the relief society she was a lot happier and liked the class about Adam and Eve. If you could pray for them that they can keep progressing to be baptized on the 10th of April that would help a lot.

My companion and I decided that we are tired of not having progress and not preparing people to achieve salvation by being baptized that we decided that we are going to have a super baptism on the 10th of April and we are going to do everything we can to help 10 people get baptized on the 10th (in our sector) and 20 people get baptized that day in the zone :) So we are going to keep working super hard :)

This week we had a very spiritual experience in a Family home evening with some recent converts. Ke the 14 year old girl gave the lesson and shared a scripture about Jesus teaching about repentance. She then shared an experience about a girl at school who was passing through hard moments and needed spiritual help. Ke shared the gospel with her and invited her to church. It was awesome to hear that because you could feel her belief and conviction about the power of the gospel and I felt the spirit very strongly.

Ha ha this week we had a lunch where the person brought us the food the day before so that we could cook it the next day. It was chorrillana and had a base of french fries. We started cooking them the next day and after 45 minutes (Lunch is only an hour) the french fries still hadn't finished cooking. I was impatient and took them out of the oven and even though they were only half cooked and half raw I used them to make my chorrillana and eat it. My companion decided to take the half raw french fries and fry them. After frying them for 10 minutes they were still slightly raw. I made fun of him for cooking them twice and he made fun of me for eating them raw. He said I was going to die from uncooked potatoes. I told him I was from Idaho so potatoes couldn't do any damage to me. Well I didn't die... But NEVER in my life have I had such bad gas for 3 days straight! I really don't know how my companion didn't die in the night! He told me that he had to pull the covers over his head to try and filter the air at least a little bit! So DON'T EVER eat raw potatoes if you want to be with other people :)

This week the relationship jumped to level 10 because my companion saved my life. We were walking to church on a street that was kind of abandoned (It was a main street but in the morning no one was there). And I was happy on my way to church when all of a sudden my companion yells "Watch Out!" and pushes me forward. I turned around in time to see him stopping a drunk guy who was running at me full speed with an empty beer bottle raised over his head to hit me. The drunk guy began to yell at me because I was gringo and that I have lots of weapons that I brought from the U.S.A. My companion told me to keep walking and ignore him so I started walking and the drunk guy tried to keep following me but my comp wouldn't let him. The drunk guy got mad at my companion and threw some sort of liquid from the bottle at my comp (We thought it was beer, but when we smelled his suit it didn't smell like beer). My comp was mad at the drunk guy for throwing the liquid on him (Luckily just a couple drops). But anyways he saved my life and can literally say "I got your back"

Ha ha this week Church was hilarious!!! To explain I have to explain our elders quorum. Our Elders Quorum is a group of old people. The youngest one (Besides our new convert who is 22) is like 65. One only has 1 eye, another one has been a member for 6 years and was evangelico before (Yelling, fainting, singing, and jumping in church) He doesn't do that anymore but that is what people do in the evangelico church. And another old guy who thinks he is on top of the world. Anyways they were talking about the atonement of Jesus Christ and Never have I heard more apostasy in my whole life!! They were talking about God and one started teaching that there is more than one God that isn't part of the trinity. Another taught that Jesus only did the atonement because God was watching him, but that if God wasn't watching him he wouldn't have done anything. It was hilarious to hear a bunch of old guys saying such hilarious things. Luckily my companion and I had a chance to speak and let them know what is true and what isn't. But I received revelation that the Great Apostasy after the death of Jesus Christ had to have started in the Elders Quorum ;)

That was my week! I love you all! Stay Golden!

Love,
Elder Nielson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment