Vina Del Mar, Chile

Monday, February 29, 2016

Week 79: Im Home again! (in Valparaiso)

Buenos Dias a Todos!!

This week was a week of Big Changes but little differences :) This week I got changed to a new sector that is kind of new to me. About 6 months ago I left Valparaiso Oeste to go to Coquimbo. I am in Valparaiso Oeste again, but this time as a zone leader instead of a district leader. Our sector is pretty big, and has THE BIGGEST HILLS IN THE WORLD! Imagine having six mountain Everest and having to climb to the top to teach people. That is our sector ha ha. There are some streets that are so steep that I worry about slipping and that my tie drags on the ground as we climb up it. But I love it because I love Valparaiso.

My companion is Elder D and is from Argentina but doesn't have a super strong Argentinian Accent. He is a convert who was baptized about 5 years ago. He is a really good teacher and is very good at helping people understand. Our Craziness levels and energy levels are 100 percent opposite. He is very calm and serious but not in a bad way. He likes to make jokes and talk which is really good :) It will definitely be interesting learning to work super well with him :) But it will be a good couple changes. He only has 10 months in the mission, but like I said is very good at teaching. I will definitely be able to learn a lot from him :)

This week we found, taught, and helped a man named L come to church. He is really good and I believe that he has a good chance at getting baptized. The only problem is that he is not married and in Chile it is very difficult and expensive to get married. If you could pray that he can get married quickly that would help us a ton.

I feel very good in our sector because we are both pretty serious when we teach. I love to be friendly and make jokes, but when it comes to the gospel teachings we are both pretty serious which has helped us have some very spiritual lessons. I love that we are having lessons that are spiritual and consistent. It has been awhile since I have had lessons like this :)

The ward is good! In the last 3 months they have had lots of baptisms so there are lots of recent converts who are always friendly and willing to give their help :) About 80 people attend our ward every week so we will see if we can get people to continue with their promises to God and get 100 people there every Sunday :)

Sorry for the lack of pictures! The elder who was here before me finished his mission and left the apartment a disaster and we have been working like crazy to clean it up and get it picture worthy ;) Hopefully next week we will have pictures!

I love you all! Stay Golden! :)

Love,
Elder Nielson :)




No comments:

Post a Comment