Vina Del Mar, Chile

Monday, August 24, 2015

Week 52: Im a poop head! (Dirty bird one to Dirty bird 2)

Buenos Dias!

This week was a good week, not tons of work, but lots of memorable moments!

This week the drama in the district was still going on and escalated to the point where the assistants to the mission president had to get involved. It was kinda rough because they basically told me that they didn't know what to do to fix it and that I had to do it, but that I had their support ha ha. That's basically how the leadership in the mission works "We don't know what to do, but we support you and call us to let us know how it goes" That is kinda frustrating but it has given me lots of opportunities to grow. Anyways I decided to do an interchange with an elder to try and improve the relationship I have with him in order to start fixing the situation. I was praying to have an opportunity to serve him. After a day of work and a good nights sleep I woke up and made him breakfast and was hoping that he would be grateful for the service but he came out and told me that he wasn't going to eat because he didn't feel the best. I was thinking "Fetch, what service can I do that he will accept??" but I just went with it. After a little bit he was feeling even more sick so I sent him to the bed to rest. After 5 minutes of talking to him in bed and giving him a blessing he got up and threw up all over the floor a couple times in different spots. That is when I had my opportunity to serve. While he rested in bed I cleaned up all the dirty nasty from off the floor. It was pretty gross, but I feel like he felt my love. The situation is getting better and I hope it keeps going that way. But God answers prayers, I asked for an opportunity to serve and he gave it to me. Remember he will always answer your prayers, maybe not in the way you want, but he will always answer.

This week we found some new investigators. One was a reference and she seems pretty good. She is 24 and is interested in the religion but doesn't like the commandments because they are rules and don't make sense (like not drinking tea). But we will see how it goes. I am pretty sure that we can help her understand. This week we also found a young couple who have a young girl who is 2 years old. The wife is looking for a religion where she feels the spirit and can get closer to God, and her husband wants to follow God but had a bad experience in the evangelic church. I think they are really good and understand the importance of the Book of Mormon. We will see how it goes this week :) 

This week we celebrated the birthday of one of the sister missionaries in our ward. Hna N (turned 21 and we had a great party. We ate pizza and cupcakes and had some good laughs :) It was nice to relax a little and get to know the Sisters a little better with the members. I have some pictures that I will send :) 

This week I learned that I am a poop head... And it wasn't pleasant.
Picture this... An attractive young man is walking somewhere in his suit, because he is running a little late to something important. While he is walking his friend, who is also in a suit is talking to him and says " You are so buff and strong and attractive, every girl wants to marry you." The young man laughs to act humble but really knows it is true. Then suddenly a bunch of attractive girls surround him and start kissing him and telling him that he is the best. Well this week I was that attractive young man in a suit... Except after that part  of the story... the story is fake.  I was walking in my suit on the way to church when my companion says "Bro you got a  booger on your face. I don't believe him but wipe my face anyway. He said "No its on your forehead" So I wipe and there is something there. We smell it and... it was bird crap. On the way to church a bird crapped on my face! It was nasty and I didn't even feel it! Normally it falls on your head or on your suit, but it fell on my face! Luckily I had some tissues and hand sanitizer so I was able to clean it off before walking into church. But yeah I learned that I was a poop head ;) Definitely a journal moment ha ha.

That was basically my Week! I hope that you all are awesome and that you guys just love life.

I love you all! Stay Golden!

Love,
Elder Nielson :)








No comments:

Post a Comment