Vina Del Mar, Chile

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Week 32: General Conference, Ice Cream, and Apples Light

Buenos Dias!!

This week was a good week and a frustrating week all at the same time ha ha :) We worked hard Tuesday and Wednesday and had some good success. But after that basically every one of our investigators went out of town for the week. Wednesday and Thursday I think we had 1 or 2 lessons in total and we were in the street a lot. 

But it was a great week because of General Conference (The semi annual opportunity to listen to a Prophet of God and the 12 Apostles speak to us to give us the guide and answers we need). It was great for 2 reasons: 
1. We got to receive revelation and answers from the Servant of God
2. We got to sit down for 10 hours :)

I really did love conference. I wrote 4 questions and killed a spider crawling on my notes before conference started. In the sessions of conference all 4 of my questions were answered thoroughly. It was a great testimony builder that God is listening to my prayers and doing everything to answer my questions. 

Some of my Highlights from Conference:

1 Kevin W. Pearson

"To hang in there isn't a gospel principle." 
This life is to be enjoyed, not endured. We must persevere to the end, we must enjoy the journey, we must change where we are and follow the path to the end. If we "Hang in there" We aren't going to move, our situation isn't going to change, and we aren't going to become happier 

"#Greatandspaciousbuilding4knowledge isn't the correct source of information"
If we really want to learn gods will, and how to be happy the pride of the world is not the place to look. The humility in the lord will truly lead us and our families to true everlasting Joy.

2 Pale G Renlund

"Twas I, Tis not I"
It doesn't matter who we were, It matters who we are and who we are becoming. Every person in the world will make a mistake, but if you have the true desire to change and act on that desire God will forget, and it doesn't matter, who you were before.

"A saint is a sinner who keeps on trying."
No matter how many times we fall, if we keep pushing forward and keep giving our best effort to improve we are just as much as a saint as anyone else.

3. Wilford W. Anderson

"I can teach you to dance, but you have to hear the music"
In our lives we can follow the routine and do what is required of us, but if we don't hear the music or recognize the blessings or benefit of what we are doing we will not enjoy the actions and will feel silly.

4. Boyd K. Packer

"A cookie and a kiss is the key to a happy marriage"
The small and simple things in life to show love will help a marriage and any other relationship grow. The small daily services will make stronger bonds than large infrequent demonstrations of love or service.

I learned so much from conference and it made a big impact on me. I testify that the prophet is called of God to guide us in these difficult times. I know that he will never lead us stray and that if we follow his council the difficulties will never get the best of us.

This week I ate alot of Cake to celebrate my birthday so I gained a little bit... okay a lot a bit of stomach line. So this week we had lunch that a member gave us and in the lunch it had light yogurt. I made the Joke that they were trying to say something... but all the other missionaries in my district agreed that they were saying something. So we decided that I am only allowed to eat things that say "Light" on the container in order to lose weight. So after that I ate my Apple (Light) Pear (Light) and then received a small candy. I wanted to eat it so I used my pen to write "Light" On the wrapper. Maybe I should start following the advice ha ha :) 

Status of Investigators:

1. M- Baptismal Interview today, If he passes he will be baptized this Sunday
2. P- Baptismal date: 19th of April if he attends church
3. J. Baptismal date 26th of April
4. V: No baptismal date but has attended church 1 or 2 times and has received lessons 1 and 2. We are going to try and place a baptismal date this Tuesday.

That is how the sector is doing.

I love you all and invite you to watch conference if you didn't have the opportunity to do so.

Stay Golden!!
Love you all,
Elder Nielson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment