Vina Del Mar, Chile

Monday, February 23, 2015

Week 26: Where's Waldo


Buenas Dias!

This week was really calm, bland, and normal. Nothing really exciting happened but I am going to keep trekking along :)

This week I learned that my Spanish isn't too bad :) Our district leader had to make copies of some informes and was having trouble with that, so while he was busy I was talking to a guy on the street. We talked for an hour nonstop which was pretty impressive I thought. Even though I wasn't in my sector I gave him a book and he is going to go to church this week ha ha :) I love people who actually give you time to talk, because they will see that we are normal people and are just trying to share something that is going to improve their life :)

I am teaching English classes every Wednesday now and I have 5 students :) It is fun to practice my Spanish with them and to learn more by teaching them English ha ha :) We are hoping to get my investigators or less actives coming to the class to learn English and to feel the spirit. The last class I taught them to pray in English and started teaching them verbs and how to go to the doctor :) 

This week was a big game of "Where's Waldo." Looking for houses that don't exist, trying to pass by people when they are home, and even looking for an investigator named waldo! This week we had 10 appointments planned but none of the people were there. And actually 3 of the houses and numbers didn't exist. I don't like it when people lie about their address, I would rather receive a no because then we wouldn't waste a half hour walking to a house that doesn't exist. Because of that frustration I only set appointments with people whose houses we know. So hopefully this week we have a lot of lessons, but we will see.

Today in my study of the Book of Mormon I am reading in 3rd Nefi 11-15 and it was one of the best days of study I have had. In the chapters is when Jesu Cristo came to the Americas and began to teach the people. The spirit was so strong during the study and I wanted to be there more than anything. I have come to love reading, talking, and learning about Christ. I know he is our brother, our savior, our redeemer, and that he loves us so much. I cannot express in words the love I have for him and the gratitude for all that he has done for us. I encourage you all to read the chapters starting with 3rd Nefi 11 and imagine yourself there with Christ. And look for the teachings that his is giving to you. I promise you that you will feel the spirit and know that it is true, and will come to have a greater love for him.

I love you all!

Stay Golden!
Love,
Elder Nielson :)













No comments:

Post a Comment