Vina Del Mar, Chile

Monday, June 13, 2016

Week 94: Wherefore, if ye believe me, ye will labor while it is called today.

Buenos Dias a Todos!

This week was definitely a week of ups and downs, but as always it was a good week.

It was really tough because we had no investigators at all. All of our investigators have been baptized, changed houses, or stopped progressing. So we spent this week looking. It was tough talking with so many people every day. It was tough having so many people treat us badly, it was tough having so few people tell us yes, and when we showed up to their house find out that they don't live there or that the house doesn't exist. I cant lie, it was a very tough week. On Sunday morning I was so tired and cranky and just bummed that even after to talking to everyone for a week that we didn't have anything happening that I was in a bad mood. We showed up to church and it was so hard to get myself to talk to people and to smile at them. All I could think was

1) I'm so tired, I just want to go home and sleep and rest for a couple days
2) I'm sick of talking to people because they either treat me bad or say yes and lie straight to my face
3) I'm failing because I am not having success, I should be able to achieve at least something in a week.

It was really tough. All of priesthood I was just sitting their a little bit dead thinking that over and over and over. Then we went to Gospel Principles with the investigators and recent converts and we started learning about repentance and Forgiveness. While the teacher was talking I went to look for a scripture so that I was ready to read when we got there. While I was waiting for her to tell us to look for the scripture I started reading some other verses in the same section of Doctrine and Covenants when I ran into 3 verses that touched my heart and almost made me cry. God answered my 3 Doubts with 3 verses.

D & C 64

25 Wherefore, if ye believe me, ye will labor while it is called today.
32 But all things must come to pass in their time.
33 Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great.

Those scriptures saved my day and maybe even my week. After that I could walk with a smile and find the energy to do the little things that I need to do every day. It was really a testimony that the scriptures are true, that God can answer us when we read them, and that God blesses us if we go to church. In the End the teacher never asked us to read the scripture in DyC 64, but it changed my week having the scripture on the board.

This week we also had a Miracle. Even though we didn't have any investigators an ex investigator that we had came to church and his mom came as well. The mom hasn't accepted to be baptized but wants her son to be baptized this 26th. It was fantastic and now we just have to teach him and prepare him to be baptized! His mom said that she is going to keep going to church :) Miracles do happen :)

Today in the morning we started something new in the zone to be happier and more united. We had a Family home evening but during the day as a zone. We sang, had a lesson, played a game and ate dessert. It was an hour long and it was a blast! We are making shirts as a zone and are going to use them every Week in the zone family home evening. It is going to be awesome :)

The funny experience of this week was during interchanges. While we were out walking and contacting a funny looking car with a weird camera thing on top came around the corner. When I look at it closer I can see on the side that it says "Tom Tom." Then I realized that on top was a 3 sided camera to take pictures of the street. That's when it hit me! It is like a google street view car but for Tom Tom. It pulled a U turn and started driving away. My comp for the day was from Brazil and didn't know what a tom tom was but I told him to follow me so we ran following the Tom Tom Car showing the Book of Mormon and our ties! So hopefully we are on the street view of Tom Tom ;) You never know ;)

But that was our week! It was a tough but good one!

I love you all! Stay Golden!

Love,
Elder Nielson :)









No comments:

Post a Comment