Vina Del Mar, Chile

Friday, December 11, 2015

Week 67: My Walk with God!


Buenos Dias Todos!

This week was a good week with very few changes! I am still with my companion and in the zone of 16 missionaries only 2 missionaries got changed! It is going to be a good change because we have a great zone :) Actually one of the new missionaries is Elder M who is an elder that was in my district when I was district leader :) So I already know him and he is doing very well :)

Bueno, The funny moment of the week was during a lunch with some less active members. We were reading the scriptures about the need to pray to be strengthened, to bless our families, and to overcome temptation. The son who is 11 wasn't paying much attention so we asked him lots of questions to make him start paying attention. We asked him why it was important to pray, and after many answers we told him it was important to pray to overcome temptations and asked him "It is important to overcome the temptations of who?" and after thinking for a moment his parents started giving him clues "The arrow headed tail" "The long tail" (Both nicknames for the devil). And after hearing these clues the young man yelled out.... "MICKEY MOUSE!" HA HA HA we all started dying! His mom embarrassed asked why he would answer in such a way and he said "You said the long tail, and mickey has a long tail!" We died laughing and received new revelation. So for all of those at home, we want to invite you to pray to overcome the temptations of Mickey Mouse, because if not he will slowly lead you to everlasting misery ;)

Thank you mom for the presents! They are all sitting on the floor, waiting for us to put up a tree :) It really is amazing what presents can do to bump your happiness, even if the present is something like sticky notes ha ha :) And thank you for the music, we have been jamming out to Christmas music for the past couple days :)

We had a conference with President this week and it was very interesting. We didn't really receive that much guide on what president wanted us to do with the mission. He just taught us the similarities between Joseph in Egypt and Joseph Smith. Lots of missionaries were kind of confused on why, but it was good because even though the training didn't talk about all that much stuff I learned a lot from the Spirit. The spirit taught me the need to go out and give it everything, have no fear, and to take out the trash. I really had the desire to have more success and share with everyone. It was the beginning of a good change of heart that will definitely help me more in the mission :)

Our investigators are good! Myriam is going to get baptized with her son this month and she loves church and class and the members :) We also found a young man who is awesome and is mostly gringo so he speaks English and everything. It is pretty weird teaching in English, but it is exciting as well :) The family E is also doing well but need prayers to have a change of heart. We had a great lesson yesterday about the influence that the gospel could have on the family. The dad analyzes everything too much and the lessons become answering an onslaught of doubts instead of letting the spirit testify that the message is true. But we talked about the proclamation to the world, and he only had 1 small doubt that had nothing to do with anything, so we answered it and were able to have a spiritual lesson about the changes that could happen in his family by following the guide provided to us by a prophet of God. It was really good but your prayers would be appreciated.

But the best experience of the week by far was definitely my Saturday night. After a lesson I was kind of frustrated with my companion for some of the things that he had said. So I decided to think. We had a half hour walk to make it back to the house and it was dark with the stars out so it was a great time to think. I decided to think for a little bit, but then just talk with God. I talked to him about the day, how I felt, what I thought about the situation, what I wanted out of the situation. Then I got the impression, "But is it what I want, or what God wants?" It hurt to accept the answer, but I know that the answer is what God wants. Like it the song "Savior may I learn to love thee" In the end it says it clearly "Lord, I will follow Thee." In that moment I realised I needed to calm down and to be more humble, to change, not because I was wrong in what I was doing, but because I was wrong in being so stubborn. In that moment I Knew that God was listening, caring for me, and guiding me. That in whatever moment I can talk to him and tell him anything, and he will listen and respond. That was my walk with God that changed my week and will continue to change my experience here in the mission :) I am so grateful for the blessings that I personally receive by living the small simple principles of the Gospel every day.

I love you all! I hope everything is just the bomb diggity!

Stay Golden, I love you all!

Love,
Elder Nielson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment