Vina Del Mar, Chile

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Week 64: Mythbusters Saved me from Cold Showers


Buenos Dias!!!

This was a great week full of crazy experiences, teaching, eating, and A BAPTISM! :)

To start off we had a good week because it ended with a baptism :) On Sunday P got baptized and it was an incredible moment. After all the preparations and the opening ceremony we went to the baptismal font. I entered first and then helped her in. Then we were there with everyone watching us. It has always been  hard for me to know where to look while I am baptizing someone, I don't know if I should look off into the distance, look at the people, look at the paper that has the prayer on it to make sure I don't mess up, or If I should look at the person I am baptising. When I started saying the prayer I saw that P was looking at me, so I decided to look at her while saying the prayer. Best decision ever. As I looked into her eyes I could feel Gods love for her, I could feel her joy at making the decision, but most of all... I saw her spirit jumping for joy. Never have I felt so much love towards someone in the way of Godly Charity. It is an experience that has definitely changed my mission. I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve the lord and help others experience this joy.

This week Not  only did we have spiritual experiences, but we also had some pretty awesome moments.

BLTCHP's:
Last P-day we went to the house (Well apartment) of a member that has a great view of the ocean and the beach and we made lunch. The week before I had made myself a BLT sandwich (Bacon Lettuce Tomato) and it was super good but I thought it missed something, and right I was. So after some serious thought and group counseling we decided that it also needed Cebolla (Onion), Huevo frito (Fried egg), and Palta (Avocado). So with the member we made Bacon Lettuce Tomato Onion Fried Egg Avocado Sandwiches and they were super delicious. We then played Uno and had a good time :)

I broke my first dish :(
Hey diddle diddle, the cat and the fiddle, the cow jumped over the moon, the little dog laughed to see such sport, and Elder Nielson broke a dish not the spoon. Yeah the title says it all... After a year and 3 months in the mission I finally broke my first spoon. Personally knowing me I think that is a pretty good achievement to go a year and 3 months without breaking a single dish. But eventually it had to come to an end. We were in lunch and afterwords we were talking and I was talking very enthusiastically using my hands a lot. In the process I knocked over my cup and when it fell on its side it broke in half. The members were really nice and didn't make a big deal of it but I was pretty embarrassed. And I was kinda sad because I broke my streak of a year and 3 months, but everything has to come to an end sometime no? :)

The Break in:
This week while Our apartment was locked someone climbed the stairs to our porch, opened the window to the roof, climbed carefully on the roof, traversed the edges and the rafters, and made their way to a window that we had left open to air out the bathroom. They entered through that window and got into our apartment... Yeah... that person was me :) This week my companion left the keys in the apartment and the door got shut by the wind locking us out. So I had to climb and make my way carefully across the roof to get into the apartment through the bathroom window to open it up. I am just learning how to become a pro thief here ;)

Mythbusters Saved me from Cold Showers:
Well this week we ran out of gas for cooking and warm showers. Normally we would have bought more gas but this week we had a lot to do and no time to buy gas. We ended up living for 6 days with ice showers, but thanks to mythbusters I didn't suffer :) I remembered a myth busters episode when they were testing the power of swear words and pain. The test was that if you swear the pain isn't as strong. They also tried it with severe heat and cold and it also worked. So every time I took a shower I just let out a stream of bad words and everything was okay!.... ha ha not. I decided that it wasn't the bad words, it was just the exclamation of something to let out some of the feeling. So I made sure to sing really loud while I was in the shower to see if it made it less cold, and what would you know. The shower was much less cold :) So this last week Every morning all my neighbors could hear me singing/Screaming Efy Songs. But at least it saved me from cold showers :)

I have photos so that will add a couple thousand words ;)

I love you all, stay golden!

Love,
Elder Nielson :)
 











 
 
 
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment