Vina Del Mar, Chile

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Week 46: Karma! It catches up to you!


Buenos Dias!! 

This week was a week full of different activities and experiences, but most of all it was full of Karma hah :)

This week on interchanges I was with a zone leader. We went to a lesson with a convert of 2 years and had a lesson about the word of wisdom. He has a problem with drinking wine and said that he was going to live the word of wisdom and only drink a little bit the next day. We explained that that wasn't living the word of wisdom and invited him to live the word of wisdom again. He said that he would but that he wasn't going to get rid of the wine in his house. While his back was turned I silent talked with my zone leader asking if I should take the half bottle of wine so that he wouldn't be tempted to drink it. My zone leader said yes so I hid the half bottle of wine in my sweater and then we left. We dumped it out in the street and then threw the bottle away! But It was so funny! We really helped him live the word of wisdom ha ha :) 

But because I did that Karma came and I got robbed. This week we had a zone conference with president. While we were in the meeting someone entered the room where all our stuff was being kept and robbed the wallet of a sister missionary, the camera of a different missionary, and my scripture bag and rain coat. So now I have to walk around with my backpack because my shoulder bag was robbed :( In the bag was my raincoat, pictures of my family and friends, and sunscreen, nothing too important but it was still kinda dumb. But at least it wasn't a wallet or a camera like the other missionaries. 

This week I was super tired and exhausted after lots of work. In the night I was saying my prayer. I start my prayers and 11 and usually finish at about 11:30. But I started my prayer a little bit early at 10:50 and was praying then all of a sudden, I woke up! I looked at the alarm clock and it said 12:30. I had fallen asleep praying ha ha! I Tried to straighten out my legs and I couldn't! I had lost all circulation and had to wait like 10 minutes to get the blood flowing again in order to lie down ahah :) 

As a District leader I have the wonderful opportunity and responsibility of interviewing investigators that want to be baptised and giving them the approval or not. This week I was able to interview one the the investigators of the zone leaders. It was an awesome interview. The spirit was so strong as she bore her testimony to me about how she came to know that the Book of Mormon is true and how she came to know that the church is true. I know that god will answer our prayers and will always testify of the truths. She passed the interview and got Baptised on Sunday :)

Our new president is awesome, he is humble, silly, and super loving. And his thing is he wants people to be able to speak many languages. He told me that I speak well enough that he wants me to start studying Portuguese! So in the end of my mission I am hoping to be fluent in Spanish, English, and Portuguese :) It would be super awesome :)

This week "M" and "A" got baptized! It is really a miracle that that happened because the day before the baptisms Alejandro told us that he didn't know if he wanted to be baptised. The thing is that he wanted to be baptised but his girlfriend doesn't like the church and doesn't like him living the commandments. After having a crazy spiritual and intense lesson he still wasn't sure. We invited him to pray and ask if it is something he should do. The next morning we called him and he said he was going to get baptised. He came to church and afterwords told us. I prayed and received my answer and that is why I am going to be baptised today. Thank you for everything that you have done :) I know that God will always answer our prayers. And the two boys got baptized!ª :)

I know that God exists and Loves us. I know that he wants to bless us with all that he has but that he wants us to follow him in order to receive those blessings. I know that that path is found in the restored church of Jesus 
Christ. Anyone, member or non member can know if this is true through reading the book of Mormon and by praying to God to ask if it is true. If you do it and are willing to follow the answer that you get, I testify as a representative of Jesus Christ that you will receive the answer. You will feel a peace, an unexplainable sensation that you haven't felt before. I know that it is true through my own experience and I invite you all to experiment and look for that answer :)

I love you all :) Keep strong and stay golden :)

Elder Nielson :)



2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this. That is our son in the photo. He and Elder Nielsen were companions for a while it seems. Our son does not tell us a whole lot or send us many pictures so it was amazing to find this blog, see photos of him, and read about him from Elder Nielsens perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you were able to find the Blog. My son appreciated working with your son. As he put it Idaho for the win!!!

    ReplyDelete