Vina Del Mar, Chile

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Week 12: I find your lack of faith disturbing

Buenas Dias!

This week was definitely not as action packed as last week, it was actually pretty tranquilo :)

Tuesday was very very uneventful. We went and got one of my rabies shots and taught a lesson and then had 3 hours of ward meetings. Not much really happened.

Wednesday was a pretty good day. We had a zone meeting which we have once a month and it was pretty good. After the meeting and lunch we went and taught Lali's grand kids. While we waited for Lali to show up we played some keep away soccer with the flat soccer ball (Everyone has flat soccer balls here, fully pumped up ones are super rare) That was fun and there was an awesome moment where I turned around, kicked the ball through a kids legs, and then rainbowed the ball perfectly :) Now they call me Alexis Sanchez (Chile's famous soccer player). After that we had a couple more lessons. At night we opened a package that elder croppers parents sent. Among the stuff he got there were matching shirts with Darth Vaders face that say "I find your lack of faith disturbing" It was an awesome shirt and has an awesome double meaning now that I am on a mission :)

Thursday was a good day. We taught hermano Juan and he is doing good. He is going to receive the priesthood this next week. After that we taught English class to a guy we are teaching. He is really... Interesting :) After that we taught familia Araya. I loved the lesson because we showed them exactly what they nee3d to do to have eternal life and live together as a family forever. I also loved it because I talked and shared a lot. My Spanish is improving slowly but surely!

Friday was the day of RECKONING! Friday we did interchanges with the zone leaders (Our bosses). I was with Elder Valencia, who is from Ecuador and only speaks Spanish. It was kinda nice to practice my Spanish and I felt like I did pretty well. When we taught lessons he treated me like a normal companion and made me teach a lot which helped me grow. It was also a good day because I got my rabies shot in the morning which means I only have 2 left!

Saturday was a pretty normal day. We finished interchanges so I got my companion back which was nice. Then we taught hermano Juan and he is still doing well. Then we taught Lali and she promised to attend church and loved the lesson.

Sunday was a FRUSTRATING day. We had 10 people who said that they would come to church and none of them came. Which means that Lali who was planning on being baptized this month can't be baptized this month. After church all 3 appointments we had fell through which was frustrating as well.

All in all there is definitely room for this next week to be better! Changes are on Wednesday so on Wednesday I will know if I am staying with elder cropper or if I am changing :)

I love you all! Stay golden!

Elder Nielson

No comments:

Post a Comment