Vina Del Mar, Chile

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Week 101: A mixed week of random thoughts, activities, and funny moments


Buenos Dias a todos!

This week was a interesting week of a lot of everything. So Ill just get started :)

I just wanna start wishing my Grandma Platt a super awesome happy birthday! I love you so much and hope that your birthday is just incredible! :)
Choripletos:
I love completos (hot dogs with tomato and avocado and mayonnaise and ketchup and mustard and hot sauce). I also love Choripanes (Little Chilean bread with sausages in them. So this week we decided to mix the two and make choripletos. We used the little sausages and little breads and added tomato, avocado, mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, and hot sauce. They were super delicious! I ate like 13 and my comp ate like 4. But they were super duper good. I'm thinking one of my greatest inventions ha ha :)

Happy Marriage card:
I forgot to mention this story last week. Last week in interchanges with the assistants we did a ton of contacts and were in the street all day. At the end of the day I was pretty bored and we were walking through a street with a bunch of young couple making out. We walked by a couple that was making out on a bench and we kept walking. I decided to have a little fun so I asked who wanted to help me do a contact. The new assistant said that he was down. I pulled out a contacting card that says "How can I have a happy marriage?" and went up to the couple who was making out. I tapped them on the shoulder and presented myself and gave them the card. We then proceeded to testify about the power of marriage in their lives and the blessings that the Lord would give them. They didn't want anything but it was super hilarious!

He was sick and tired!
Well this week on Wednesday we had finished interchanges and were eating lunch in the apartment. My comp said that he was tired so he ate half of his lunch and then went to sleep. After our hour was up I woke him up and he said that he didn't feel good at all so he called the nurse and she told him to take a rest and to relax. As he slept he started shivering a lot and felt worse and worse and worse. I started getting worried so I took his temperature a couple times and it kept going up and up and up. At 9 he felt really sick and I took his temperature and it was at 104! I couldn't believe it so I took it again and again and every time it came out at 104! He couldn't talk legibly to me and he had 0 energy and was still shivering. Not gonna lie I thought he was going to die. In the end we called presidents wife and she gave us permission to go to a hospital. The bishop was awesome and took us to the clinic and we got there at like 10 at night. Then president showed up with his wife and they stayed with us. While my comp was in doing his tests I was just talking and hanging out with the president's wife and it was super fun ha ha. We talked about a ton of stuff, played Mormon memory, and had a good time. She brought me a doctor pepper to keep me happy and it was awesome. Finally my comp came out. He had a bad fever, bronchitis, and the starting of Pneumonia (probably because the other day we were working in the pouring rain without umbrellas or raincoats). At 3 in the morning we finally got back to the apartment and he went to sleep. For the next 3 days he slept basically non stop while I cleaned the apartment, did informes, watched church videos, lifted weights, called the missionaries, etc. It was nice to rest but in the end I got really bored. But now he is feeling a lot better and everything is good.

Probably the best part of it all was the day after going to the hospital, President's wife brought us a ton of groceries with stuff that normally we are too poor to buy ahhh (Gatorade, Powerade, nutella, peanut butter, manjar, grilled chicken, french fries, cereal, yogurt, vegetables, fruit). She spoiled us so much.

That was basically our week! We still have to get "D" confirmed and we are trying to get our investigator "Y" to go to church this weekend so she can get baptized before I go home! :)

I love you all! Stay golden!

Love,
Elder Nielson :)





No comments:

Post a Comment